- 2 Bedroom Detached Bungalow with great potential to add your own stamp
- Well maintained and loved gardens including Veg patch
- New Boiler April 2019
- Conservatory/Sun Room
- Village with everything you need for day to day
- 1st Floor Attic Room offering scope to extend or great storage
- Spacious Bathroom with Separate Shower Cubicle
- Double Glazing
- Driveway Parking and Tandem Garage/Workshop
- Easy Access to A169 Whitby, and Pickering
FANCY A PROJECT? A great opportunity to update and add your own stamp to this 2 Bedroom Detached Bungalow which has been a well loved home*Potential to create further rooms in the dormer 1st storey or extend, subject to planning*New Boiler*Double Glazing*Tandem Garage/workshop*Spacious Bathroom with Separate Shower*Pretty Garden*Parking*Easy access to Village Shops and Services
Hallway*Lounge*Dining Room*Kitchen*Conservatory/Sun Room*2 Double Bedrooms*Spacious Bathroom with separate shower*Rear Lobby*Separate WC*Attic with conversion potential*Tandem Garage/Workshop*Well maintained Front and Rear Gardens.
The property will require updating yet offers scope to add your own personal stamp.
WHAT MAKES THIS PROPERTY SO SPECIAL?
- Located within easy access to village amenities including bakers, butchers, post office within spa, doctors surgery, hairdressers, village hall, fish and chip shop/restaurant and village pub, this detached bungalow offers easy access to A169, Whitby and Pickering.
- Set in a well maintained garden plot with driveway parking and adjoining garage/workshop where the washing machine resides, this is a wonderful opportunity to update and add your own stamp to this property offered with no onward chain.
- Believe to have been constructed by a local builder initially for their own occupation, this 2 Bedroom Detached Bungalow, constructed in the 1960s, has been a happy, retirement home.
- Approached over the front driveway, the adjacent pathway provided access to the front entrance door and hallway. There is also side access to the tandem garage and conservatory, perfect for bringing in muddy push bikes or a dog.
- The front reception room currently used as a lounge has a fireplace with coal effect gas fire and coving leading onto
- The rear dining room, ideal for formal dining or a family room, with patio doors looking onto the good size conservatory/sun room and pet friendly rear garden leading onto
- The Kitchen has a range of modern eye level and base units with complimentary work surfaces, sink and drainer, cooker, space for fridge freezer leading onto
- The rear hall area has access to a WC/cloakroom and provides access to the rear garden.
- Both bedrooms are doubles, the largest being at the front.
- The bathroom is spacious with a white suite, separate bath, separate shower cubicle with Mira Sport electric shower and 2 wall cabinets.
- The hallway provides access to the upstairs attic room which is over 8' high at the centre currently used for easily accessible storage.
- The east/south east facing rear garden is enclosed with paving/patio outside the conservatory/sun room with storage, greenhouses, lawn, borders, veg patch with lovely butterfly attracting flowering plants and shrubs.
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW:-
- New boiler installed April 2019 with wireless programmable thermostat.
- Mains water, drainage, electricity and mains gas central heating.
- Council Tax Band D Scarborough Borough Council Approx £1888.79pa 2019/20 .
- Sky and Superfast Broadband available in this location.
- Double glazed.
- A legal restriction exists stating only a bungalow can be erected within the plot.
- EPC rating E (46) August 2019.
- Electrics certified August 2019 albeit expected purchasers would wish to update electrics to current 18th edition
- Scope for extension and updating subject to planning/regulations.
- All items of fixtures and fittings mentioned in these particulars are included in the sale. All others are specifically excluded yet could be available for sale by separate negotiation.
- Accompanied Viewings by appointment only.
- Chain Free yet sale subject to probate
- Lounge 4.55m x 4.09m (14'1" x 13'5")
- Dining Room 3.56m x 3.07m (11'8" x 10'1")
- Kitchen 3.3m x 2.08m (10'10" x 6'10")
- Conservatory/Sun Room 4.67m x 2.62m (15'4" x 8'7")
- Cloakroom 1.45m x 0.91m (4'9" x 3')
- Bathroom 2.87m x 2.08m (9'5" x 6'10")
- Master Bedroom One 3.63m x 3.48m (11'11" x 11'5")
- Double Bedroom Two 3.18m x 3.02m (10'5" x 9'11")
- Attic Room 4.55m x 3.48m (14'11" x 11'5")
- Tandem Garage/Workshop 12.19m x 3.78m narrowing to 2.9m (40' x 12'5" narrowing to 9'6")
LOCATION INFORMATION - SLEIGHTS:-
Sleights is a large village located in the Esk Valley a mere 4.2 miles from Whitby. Ideal for walkers surrounded by beautiful rolling countryside. For your day-to-day needs, Sleights has everything you could wish for including a village shop and post office, fish and chip shop/restaurant, hairdressers, award winning butchers and Bothams bakery. Also, located within the village are a church, parish hall, doctor's surgery, well maintained village toilets and a primary school. At the bottom of the village, the road crosses the Esk Valley Railway, providing access to the station for the Whitby/Middlesbrough line. Whitby is approx 10 minutes by train. There are regular buses and also easy road access to York, Teeside, Scarborough, the North Yorkshire Moors National Parks and the stunning Yorkshire Coast.
Please note we have not tested any apparatus, fixtures, fittings, or services. Interested parties must undertake their own investigation into the working order of these items. All measurements are approximate and photographs provided for guidance only.